Cannabis in Canada
While retail cannabis stores and provincial online stores are the primary source for cannabis, we recommend considering medical cannabis as an additional complimentary option to accessing cannabis in Canada. We believe there is a market shift happening with the emergence of Legacy micro-craft growers maturing into the Medical market, which is just starting.
In recognition of this market shift, we are now reviewing Medical cannabis from micro-craft cultivators in our search for the best cannabis in Canada. For the first time since legal recreational cannabis, we have found voluminous amount of affordable potent cannabis in the Medical Cannabis marketplace. Join us in this journey of discovery. Let’s go Medical!
The Medical Cannabis Market
There are 292,399 medical client registration in March 2021. The number of individuals registered with Health Canada for personal and designated cultivation of cannabis for their own medical purposes was 39,525 in March 2021. Data on the Medical cannabis market from the Canadian government is here.
We believe the time to go Medical is actually “Now.” Micro-craft license issuance started with legal recreational cannabis, which was almost 3 years ago. The first wave of products from these micro-craft licenses are just hitting the medical market “Now.” It is time to go Medical.
5 Reasons to consider Medical cannabis
- Lower cost for medical cannabis.
- Broaden strains availability from new micro-craft medical LPs with strains not available in the recreational market.
- Bypass the Provincial gateways.
- There maybe tax benefits where applicable.
- Stop killing the environment by buying 3.5 grams recreational weed.
3 Types of Medical Cannabis Subscriptions
- Direct subscription to a specific LPs’ medical offering like a GreenTec, or AuroraMedical.
- Subscription to a Medical Dispensary with multiple medical LPs products like a Shoppers Drug Mart, or CannMart.
- Subscription to a Collective Medical Dispensary like a Shelter Market.
We have subscriptions with all 3 options. We use AuroraMedical (Whistler Medical), CannMart and ShelterMarket.